The Rams just hopped in the Sidney Rice sweepstakes. I am not sure why they came in to play so late. I'd love to get him though we have bigger holes. This could be a strategical method to drive up his price so the Seahawks lose Mebane and we steal him. Im not too sure at this point. Rice would be our #1 and he and Bradford would be a killer combination. I am not against it, but I am not 100% for it. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens here.
Were also interested in defensive tackle Brandon Mebane. I'd absolutely love this signing. He would make our defense elite. Our defensive line would be terrifying. I think we have to pursue him unless his price is too great for us, which it very well might be. We still have holes to fill (OLB, OG, RB) and may not be able to afford a big signing.
The Rams are said to have interest in three outside linebackers as well: Zac Diles (Texans), Scott Shanle (Saints), Ben Leber (Vikings). I would be pleased with any of these guys though I would prefer Diles because he is the youngest here only being a 4 year pro. Shanle and Leber are both good veteran presences. I prefer Diles because we already have Diggs at outside linebacker and he is a solid veteran.
These two are both going to be pricey but both are terrific players and would be key cogs to a playoff run. We still have to address some other holes which aren't being talked much about like OG and RB.
No comments:
Post a Comment