Friday, 29 July 2011

Rams inform OG Jacob Bell of release

"Rams will be releasing Jacob Bell tomorrow after he turned down an offer to restructure his $6mil base salary for this year ".   - Jason La Canfora.


I don't understand why Jacob Bell would not restructure his contract. When we signed him he was a pro bowl guard and was playing at an extremely high level. He came here and has underplayed that contract by far. I posted an article about a week ago saying we should restructure his contract because we need money and he doesn't deserve to get paid $6 million dollars a year with his play. He is a pretty good pass protector but a under achiever when it comes to run blocking. 


I think this is a smart move if he wasn't willing to fix the money. We still have holes on this roster that need to be filled and he clearly isn't a team guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment