Friday, 29 July 2011

Rams sign OLB Zac Diles and CB Al Harris

The Rams have agreed to terms with outside linebacker Zac Diles from the Houston Texans. This is a nice pick up by the Rams who needed help at linebacker. Diles when healthy is a good player. He is very versatile and can play a lot of positions. He is also a good special teams player which is big. He will probably start next to James Laurinaitis. When Diles has talented players around him he tends to play at a higher level which is terrific. He is a solid tackler and I think will fit in well with this defense.

Last year the Rams had trouble covering slot receivers partly due to the rookie year of cornerback Jerome Murphy and the horrendous play by Kevin Dockery. I fully expect Dockery to be gone for next season. Well, the Rams have signed veteran corner back Al Harris to a one year deal. He is 37. He played for Spags in 1999-2003 and is the prototypical Spags type corner. He has good size but has had injury problems. If he can stay healthy I think he will split time with Justin King and Jerome Murphy for nickel back. He could be a great pick up and I am pleased here.

The Rams continue to upgrade there team on all 3 phases of the game. I think they will be solid next year and continue to love what Devaney and Spagnoulo are doing with this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment